Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

One Hundred and Fifty-nine

Mary and I were back team teaching over the weekend. My first classes since the operation. The doc was true to his word, I was limited in what I could do only by the pain doing it caused. And, in fact, since I decided to take things slow and ease myself back into full bore practice there was very little discomfort.

What I found most interesting; and I guess I had to be totally away from practice for 2 weeks to appreciate it, was that I found I could draw on the energy of the other people in class. Each partner I practiced with had something to offer, a healing something, and I felt myself grow appreciably stronger as class went on. By the end of Sunday class I could almost forget that only two weeks earlier I was sliced, diced, pumped full of gas and patched up in an OR at Bay State.

I've been studying Aikido for thirty-three years and it never ceases to amaze me that I manage to take something new away from each and every class. Mary and I feel truly blessed and honored to be able to teach and practice with the folks that come to our house to study with us four times a week, week in and week out.

No comments:

Post a Comment