Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Two Hundred and Twelve

From the standpoint of the constructal law, Aikido can be seen as a tool I can use to, over time, alter my shape and structure so as to more efficiently coordinate mind and body. Coordination of mind and body intensifies my awareness of one point which in turn promotes correct feeling. Ki is the current of correct feeling.

The exercises employed in Aikido practice (Ki development, techniques, weapons work, solo and partnered training) affect the shape and structure of both my mind and body without my having to consciously direct those changes. Consequently, the resulting me arises naturally out of the practice. The form of the change I undergo as a result of my training is governed by the constructal law to promote easier access to and more efficient manipulation of the flow of Ki.


No comments:

Post a Comment