Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Forty-six

When I move my motion forms an eddy in the fabric of the continuum, the echo of which, moves out in all directions from my center.

Training. Training. And more training.

Aikido is a form of `do-ing', it is learned via performance.

It has been said that one must be shown each and every nuance of Aikido in order to `correctly' perform the techniques and, as a consequence, grow. Otherwise the student will just continue to practice incorrectly forever. I do not subscribe to this view. Aikido practice is a self-correcting process. Continued training allows me to learn the principles from the inside out. My body, mind and spirit are simultaneously affected during practice. As a result all three are tuned to the movement of the techniques and adjusted as I gain experience.

The feedback I get from training continually provides me valuable clues as to the correct direction of my effort. As I build on the knowledge gained from practice I perform the techniques more efficiently, increase the strength of my Ki and gain greater understanding of Aikido in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment