Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thirty-one

Motion is a universal constant, the tie that binds.

It is only through motion that the concept of time derives any relevance. Time is a construct I use to order the events of my life. It is how I construct my past and delineate my future. It has been said that time is what keeps everything from happening all at once. The fact is that everything that happens does happen all at once, at now.

Motion occurs because I remember now as the past and anticipate now as the future. The connectedness of my memories and anticipations gives rise to the illusion that now moves from past to future and that events follow one another in ordered sequence.

I am always centered at now. There are, however, degrees of centeredness. My body remains perfectly located at now. My mind defines the radius of my center. Dwelling on the past and future increases the radius of my center. When I let go of past and future the radius of my center shrinks. As the radius of my center becomes smaller, my mind and body grow more coordinated. Aikido training is the method I have chosen to help me realize coordination of mind/body and hence reduce the radius of my center.

What does the world look like when the radius of my center is zero and my mind and body are perfectly coordinated?



Can self awareness exist when the radius of my center is zero?

No comments:

Post a Comment