Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fifty-seven

The length of a journey is measured more accurately by the changes undergone by the traveler than the time it takes to complete. It's not that the journey itself changes the one doing the traveling; rather the journey provides a framework upon which change may occur. Change is inevitable. It is a function of life and growth. I can view changes in myself only in historical context. Since now has no span yet is all that exists, I can note how I have changed but never be aware of change as it is occurring.

As I continue my Aikido journey up thru the years of my life I can appreciate how fortunate I am that this art provides me with a healthy structure upon which I am able to engender change in myself. Mind, body and spirit have all benefited from my pursuit. In Aikido I have been given a great gift. Via teaching and providing a place for others to explore their Aikido I hope to give something back and so complete the circle of take and give.

No comments:

Post a Comment