Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One Hundred and Thirty-three

I just realized that 2009 marks the point at which I have been studying Aikido for over half of my life. It doesn't seem all that long ago that I showed up for my first class a week early but 32 years have elapsed since that day.

I was going to write that I can't begin to write what Aikido has meant to me, but then, that's what this blog is all about, duh.

Mary and I have an agreement that we are going to celebrate our 50th anniversary together, which means I have to live into my early 90's, another 32 years. So barring any fatal diseases, natural disasters, other calamities or being stupid enough to run headlong into Dan Harden at full speed  , I may be lucky enough to put in another 30+ years on the mat.

Going to be a helluva journey, but I won't say I can't wait. I'm in no hurry to get there 'cause I'm really enjoying the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment