Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sixty-three

Applied force only feels powerful when it is given somewhere to stop and rest.

I get in a right stance and have my partner stand just outside my right leg and put both his hands on my right hip. He then will begin to push directing his force towards my trailing left foot. I absorb his force into my center and let it flow thru my left leg and foot into the ground. From right stance this exercise is relatively easy and even beginners should be able to complete it successfully getting a good idea what correct feeling actually feels like.

I like to make the exercise harder by bringing my rear foot forward until I am in natural stance as my partner continues with his push. Continuing, as my partner pushes, I slide my left foot forward until I'm in a left stance. Bringing my right foot forward into natural stance and then into a right stance, I can continue moving this way all the while having pressure applied to my hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment