Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Seventy-three

"All the principles of heaven and earth are living inside of you." - Morihei Ueshiba, The Art of Peace, Translated by John Stevens.

The Ki of heaven, the Ki of earth; the knowledge of where I'm from and where I'm going; the principles and techniques of Aikido; all right here inside of me, growing and blooming as I continue my practice.

I was very fortunate to have had a teacher who understood that Aikido is a process that is learned from inside; that as a student, I needed to discover Aikido myself and that his job was to guide my process of self discovery and not spoon feed me the answers. I owe Sensei Maruyama a debt of gratitude, the repayment of which I hope is continually being fulfilled as I carry his teaching methodology forward with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment